Sunday, November 14, 2021

Missionary Farewell

Janelle had her missionary farewell today! When I found out (a few days ago) that there was no musical number planned we hurried and threw one together. I found a pretty arrangement of "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" and we asked a few of Janelle and Jaiden's friends to sing it (Clay McFadden, Jaiden, Emily Williams, Alex Merdes, and Trina Lang). They did a great job! 

Janelle had worked hard on her talk and did a great job. We had a lot of family who came to support her (Grandma and Grandpa Westra, Chris and Kim and Camden and Cayson, Shane and Alicia's family, Derek and Danielle's family, Janika and Brandon, Jase and Ellen, Jared, Jaiden, Josh, Jenna, and of course me and Rick)! She also had LOTS of friends who came to support her! ) This picture was taking at Jaiden's play the night before, but I am including it here since all of these same family members were also at Janelle's farewell! 


We had a little luncheon at our house afterwards for our immediate family and also for our family members who were in town and for Janelle's friends. I also invited a few of our friends (the Williams, Phillips, Wildes, and Amy Ences family). 

We had a variety of soups (taco, white chicken chili, vegetable, broccoli cheese and potato) and desserts. I wish I had thought to get a picture of Janelle with Grandma and Grandpa Westra! Brandon helped us with the MTC door poster and it turned out really nice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!