Hello everyone! This was a
good week, we had transfers which made everything exciting! My companion and I
are both staying here in Duluth which I'm happy about :) Let me just say having
a car is such a blessing. Appreciate your cars everyone. :) We had a little
adventure when we went to Silver Bay (which is already about an hour away, our
area is huge) to bring cookies to a member, except her address took us to the
middle of nowhere. But we knew she lived on that street, so we just kept
driving! And kept driving. And kept driving. Turns out she lives DEEP in the
middle of nowhere, but we eventually found her house (and then she wasn't home)
and dropped off the cookies! It was super pretty though, and on the way back I
stuck my head out the window and the freezing cold wind was so fun. No regrets.
On the way back we stopped at another house, and then the Bishop's wife messaged us and said to visit her too! It was a fun day :) although our miles for the month took a solid hit. I honestly don't really know what else happened this week... Edward said he would come to church and then he didn't, which was sad, but he said he would come next week for sure! He has been reading the Book of Mormon though and he said he really felt that God was at our last lesson which is great! My companion and I made apple pie with Ritz crackers instead of apples! I had it at a science camp in like 8th grade and mentioned it and we made it on a whim! It tastes exactly like apple pie, it's pretty wacky. We had a lesson with the Alexander family in person for the first time which was good! I honestly don't know what else happened this week, but it was good! :)
Spiritual thought for the week: One thing that
never ceases to amaze me is how simple God's plan is, and how completely based
off of love it is. God, in His loving selflessness, has no ulterior motives. He
has no underlying tricks or loopholes. He is not "a ref waiting for any
excuse to throw us out of the game." He is a Father who sent His son to
die so that we can become like Him! All that He does for us is out of pure love
and nothing else! I would like to invite you all to read 2 Nephi 26:24
and think about the things in your own life, and how they are all ultimately
for our benefit, whether or not it feels like it right now. Look through the
lessons of the gospel and God's plan for us and pay attention to how His love
is the motivator for all He does. It's incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment