大家好!你們今天怎麼樣?
Welcome to the Sister Jensen update about the last 5 days! It was pretty fantastic :) Last Wednesday we went to the temple for P-day and got to do an endowment session! It was really special. It was in Chinese, but we had translation so it's all good.
Thursday, we had transfers! I moved to Jinhua and am in a trio with Sister Chen and Sister Li! There are both super sweet and helpful and are super encouraging. It's been super fun so far! We have 5 sisters in my apartment so that's super fun! Last Thursday was a little crazy cause I had to bounce between companionships for a second, but it was fun! I also didn't have a dresser or a bed at the time, but we made it work :) I've got one now!
Friday was good! We were able to go to the temple with a recent convert who was doing baptisms for the first time which was super special. I love the temple! Actually, my companionship is basically the "visitor center" companionship! We don't have a visitor's center, but we give temple tours all the time where we talk about some of the symbolism of the temple and how it fits the culture here. I've got lots of words to learn with the symbolism and history of the temple, but it's such a blessing to be next to it! The rest of the day was pretty much planning our week and stuff for the zone vision! We had a friend who told us she would get baptized in two weeks, but her family is worried about her so please pray for her!
Saturday was super busy but good! That morning we had two temple tours and another lesson, and then we had a meeting with the zone leaders, and then we did a service for a whole bunch of old people doing Tai Qi which was nice haha. Then that night we had a recent convert fireside that I sang at, it was pretty good!
Yesterday we had church and a lesson after which was good! I also had a meeting with the president about the Christmas concert because he wants me to help with it which I'm excited for! Then we had a lesson, and this six-year-old girl was brushing our hair during it and it was super funny haha. That's pretty much it!
Spiritual thought for the week: From the Book of Mormon, we learn that at the day of judgment, we will be perfectly aware of our sins and mistakes, and perfectly aware of our righteousness. The scriptures say (2 Nephi 9:14) that the righteous will be clothed with purity. There is no reason to be ashamed because we are clothed and clean. Being in the temple this week really made me think about the relationship with this and our covenants. In the temple we wear sacred clothing. It is through our covenants that we are literally "clothed with purity, yea, even with the robe of righteousness." We are pure and worthy to enter the Father's presence. When we are clothed with righteousness and clothed through our covenants, we have no reason to be ashamed.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment