Monday, November 14, 2022

中文 sleeptalking 💤

Hello! Welcome back to your weekly Taiwan Taipei update! Not much happened this week, one of the sisters in our apartment got Covid so poor them had to quarantine, but my comp and I were still able to leave. Transfers were Thursday, but Chen Jiemei got moved on Monday, so nothing really changed on Thursday :) It was good! 

This week we had lots of lessons and lots of blessings! On Sunday we were going to meet with our friend 黃弟兄, but realized we didn't have another third female, and right before the lesson we ended up talking with a member who was like "Oh, if you ever need someone to join a lesson just let me know," and we were like "Great, how about right now?" And it totally worked out, so that was a big blessing! Please pray for him! He is getting baptized in December but has some things to overcome, but he will get there! Another one of our friends, Xiu Mian, is starting to get excited about the Book of Mormon (she has basically been taught everything but didn't understand the Book of Mormon, so we went through the first few chapters with her) and she is going to lead our next lesson about it! Yay! 

I don't think anything else really happened! I was trying to ask someone for referrals and accidentally said something along the lines of asking if they knew anyone who would be interested in me, and then corrected myself and asked if they knew anyone who was interested in our information...the poor guy was hopelessly confused but luckily Li Jiemei knew what I was trying to say haha. We love being a foreigner, it was honestly really hilarious. 

Spiritual thought for the week: This week I spent a lot of time studying 2 Nephi chapter 2. I love at the beginning when Lehi tells Jacob that if he remains faithful, the Lord will consecrate his afflictions for his gain. That is one amazing aspect of the gospel of Jesus Christ. While it doesn't make our trials and struggles disappear, depending on the Savior allows us to grow. It means Jesus Christ can enable us to handle our challenges much more than we ever could on our own, which is what earth life is all about. I am always in awe that the Savior chose to feel our concerns, sicknesses, and pains of His own free will. No matter how hard our struggles become, they would be infinitely harder if he hadn't done that. I am forever grateful that He did, and because He did, challenges are consecrated for our gain!

Hope you all have a great week! Love ya ;)

















 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!