Monday, January 2, 2023

I Beat You All To 2023 #thankstimedifference

Hello everyone! I hope you had a fantastic week and a fantastic New Year! 

Not too much happened this week! Last Tuesday was pretty average, we had a temple tour which was good! Wednesday, we had MLC (Mission Leadership Conference for the Zone Leaders and STL's) which was really good! We had some great trainings about preparing our friends for baptism, which is a big focus this transfer. Then later that night we had our English Group which was fun! We talked about transportation :) Days with long meetings are always a little chaotic haha.

Thursday, we had exchanges! I went to Xinan with Sister Bailey for the day. It was good, and we experienced lots of blessings! For a part of the day, we went to a college campus to go finding (we did the English Challenge). It was raining and when we pulled up, nobody was in sight. We walked around a little, hoping there would be some people, and lo and behold the college had a Christmas activity that had booths set up everywhere like Swiss days! There still weren't a ton of people out and about, but the timing was definitely a blessing and allowed us to talk to a lot of people that we otherwise would have missed!  We also read scriptures with one of their friends and did some service. It was a good exchange! 

Friday, we had zone council and weekly planning, that was pretty much everything that happened. Li Jiemei and I planned our zone council training literally 30 seconds before we had to do it, but it worked out okay! 

Saturday, we had some lessons and tours, and we did a spiritual thought at a ward activity. It was fun! Imagine my president getting called up to sing karaoke...in the chapel...only in Taiwan, haha. It was a good time! 

Sunday, we had church which was good! Update from last week: The interesting guy came again and was telling me stuff, but on the plus side he didn't stay and bear his testimony. I was only slightly worried about that! Also, I decided that 2 PM church is not my favorite thing in the world, but you know we are making it work! 

Spiritual thought for the week! It is a new year! A new start! A new opportunity to try again. The Savior always offers us opportunities to repent and try again, and we should be willing to offer that to others too! After all, He is the same Savior who saved both us and those who have hurt us. I know that through Him, forgiveness is possible. In this new year, I would like to invite you all to do President Nelson's invitation from a while back! Solve a conflict that is weighing you down. If you don't seem to have one, make the decision now that you will forgive later. He can enable you to do it! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!