大家好! How is life for all of you? Yes. I am fully aware that is my last weekly. I will address that later!
Last Monday we had a
lesson with our new friend 林弟兄! Tuesday we had 4
lessons, they were all pretty good. One of our friends is struggling with
making the necessary changes to keep the sabbath day holy, so please pray for
her! It was a busy day!
Wednesday morning we got a call from the Elders asking if we could join for a blessing that they were going to give to a member, so we joined and ended up doing a Book of Mormon read with her as well which was good! Right after that we met with a member for lunch, and then did a service and practiced English with a potential! Later we finally had some personal study time haha, and then we had English Group and had a cute little family come. We haven't had people come in a long time so that was a blessing!
Thursday we had our mission president's wife, 楊姐妹, join us for the day! She goes on exchanges with all of the departing missionaries! We were able to have lunch with Yao Jiemei, my last companion, and we also had another member lesson that day. It was fun! She is super sweet and I'm glad she got to join us for the day and share lots of insights.
Friday we had exchanges with the Songshan Sisters! I was with Li jiemei for the day. We had lots of lessons that were good but very long haha. It was fun though! Most of the day was just lots of biking to and from lessons!
Saturday we finished up our exchange, practiced some musical numbers, did some other stuff, and then had a ward activity that was out by a lake with tons of fireflies! It was super pretty, and we were able to catch lots of them! I was in heaven haha. Then we got transfer boards! It didn't really affect me haha because I'm not on them...but Sister Kirton is going to be coming to Hualian with Wang Jiemei! It'll be a blast for them :)
Sunday was super busy; we were in meetings from 8:30 am-5 pm haha. It was special to me that I was able to perform in both wards and share a departing testimony in both wards. Also, MIRACLE ALERT this transfer we have been struggling in getting sacrament attendances, and guess how many people came to church on Sunday? 7!!! And it wasn't even because of us, but peopel just like brought people to church and it was a miracle! Afterward we went to the bishop's house for dinner, which was a lot of fun, he was trying to set me up with his son haha.
Today we were able to go hiking to a waterfall and watch a church movie with our district and some YSA which was fun! It was a great last p-day!!
Okay.....now I need to face the fact that this is my last email to you all. I don't know what you expect me to say. My mission went by so fast and slow, and I can't believe that this time that I seemed to prepare for and invest in for so long is nearing an end. But I am forever grateful that I served. All of my places and areas and companions and friends will forever hold a piece of my heart. If you are wondering whether or not to serve a mission, DO IT! It will change you. Give yourself to the Lord, for He has given everything for you.
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people. I know that this is our purpose of being here on earth, is to change through Him and learn how to become like Him. We aren't perfect, but that's why Jesus Christ atoned for us. That's why He gave us the gift of repentance and the opportunities to make promises with Him, that allow us to grow to our full potential. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored Church that is led by Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon testifies of Him and leads us to Him. It is the perfect road map of how to live with Him again. I know these things because I have taught them, preached them countless times, and lived them. Through Him I have changed. My service was imperfect, but the Lord has greatly blessed me for my imperfect service. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I would like to close out this email with a portion of a scripture found in Jacob 7:27:
"And I make an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu."
-Sister Janelle Jensen (江柔安姐妹)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment