Hello everyone! This week has been wild! Last
Wednesday I came to the MTC in person! It's been so fun so far, it's like a mix
of EFY and college except we only learn doctrine and Chinese. It's been good
though! For those of you who will only read this far.... I got a reassignment
today! Drum roll please......Minneapolis Minnesota Mission! I don't know how
long I will be staying there, and it didn't actually say whether or not it will
be Chinese speaking. But it's exciting! I'll probably get another email in a
few days with more information, and I'll keep you all updated. But it's been
exciting!
Our Chinese classes are so fun, and my teachers are hilarious without trying to be :) we have been memorizing the missionary purpose and first vision in Chinese and for some reason they make us recite it while walking up and down the stairs over and over. It's quite an adventure. I think they maybe do that, so we have extra motivation to memorize it (so we don't trip and fall down the stairs). One of my teachers let the Elders do it in the elevator which was funny. It's just a party all the time!
On Friday (I think) we had a Christmas devotional that had a whole bunch of super pretty piano duet arrangements. So that was really cool! Every Sunday they have what is called the "Go and Do” experience, which they give us an outline for, and we get to study a lot about it on our own. It was really good! One issue is that they only have like two actual topics for it that switch off because most people only stay for a week or two... so we may or may not have the same lessons over and over. But it'll be good! We'll just get very good at studying them :)
It's been super busy, and we have classes and devotionals and studying all day every day, but the spirit here is like none other. Seriously my personal study before was garbage compared to what it is now, but I love it and I've grown so much! And I now realize I should probably talk about my district hehe. Sister Conder (my comp) is so funny, and I love being around her, it's a total party. We always practice our Chinese while exercising and it's surprisingly effective :). Sister Kirton is the sweetest and is hilarious, today she made us put out our shoes and look away so "St. Nicholas" could come and fill our shoes with candy. It was really cute. Sister Booth is so sweet and funny and is very good at Chinese. We have a Hufflepuff Alto Theater Kid Family is Always Singing Chinese Speaking Missionary from Utah Flying Across a Major Ocean to Another Country Born in October 2002 Graduated 2020 Gang. Elder Otto is super sweet and caring and is like a little puppy dog (in the best way, wo ai ni Elder Otto :) ) Elder Pyne is so fun and very organized, he's our district leader and does a good job. Elder Chan is super funny and definitely was the one who proposed the elevator idea. My district is the best, it's always a party.
Spiritual thought for the day: The Atonement not only redeems us, it enables and strengthens us! When Nephi was tied up by his brothers he didn't pray to get out of the situation. He prayed that he would have the strength to break his bands. He probably had to pull and tug, but with both his own effort and the strength of the Lord, he was able to break them. The Lord won't change our circumstances. But through the Atonement He will give us the strength to change our own circumstances. You should all read the BYU devotional "In the Strength of The Lord." 10/10. Anyway, I love you all and you should all email me back please :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment