Monday, January 17, 2022

面壁思过

Hello everyone! This week has been a little wild! On Tuesday we were able to do a devotional with Elder Soares! It wasn't in person, but it was live, so he was able to see us. It was super good! Wednesday we hosted new missionaries again (for the fourth time, I mean it's fun but I don't know why they have had us doing it so many times :) ) Thursday morning we all got covid tests and Elder Pyne and Sister Conder (my comp) both tested positive which is really sad, because some people are leaving this week and won't be able to say goodbye to them. This week we have also had several more additions to our district because of flight or covid reasons, so we had Sister Longi for a day, and we have had Sister Haltom the past few days.

Our district has gone through so many changes with people coming and going and getting quarantined and other people getting put with us. Number wise, it goes like this...(Credit to Sister Booth) 7+2-4+2-2+3-2-2+1-1+1-1=4. AAHHHHH. It's actually been a lot of fun though, we've gotten to meet so many new people and I have had 5 companions at this point :) This was also our last week of classes, so on Saturday night we had a testimony meeting and did a whole bunch of other really cool stuff. It was really great. We have the most incredible teachers. I'm so excited to be going to the field but it doesn't really feel real yet! I leave on Wednesday at 5 am. Our first original member to leave for the mission (Elder Chan) left early this morning. Ahh my district is the best and I'm going to miss them all so much but I'm so excited to get to work! This week has honestly felt so long, and it's mostly been a blur so sorry that my email is all over the place! 





 Anyway, spiritual thought:

The faith section in the Bible Dictionary states, "To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. The Lord has revealed Himself and His perfect character, possessing in their fullness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in Him without reservation." I just love this. The Lord gives us all of the resources we need to have full faith in Him without reservation. Sometimes it may not feel that way, because we don't know, but that is exactly what faith is. Faith is a belief of things not seen, and faith in Jesus Christ is a principle of power!

Confidence in Jesus Christ and His healing and forgiving power is what drives us to repent. Confidence in Jesus Christ and His promises are what drive us to follow Him. Confidence in Jesus Christ and His perfect plan are what drive us to keep His commandments and follow His promptings, even when we don't understand why. And this faith in Jesus Christ, this confidence that He will prevail in all things, and everything will turn out okay, brings miracles. But oftentimes we have to act on our faith before those miracles come, and in this way, we build more faith! Sorry, tangent. I just love this gospel so much, it's really incredible. Anyway, I love you all and would love to hear from you! 


江姐妹 (aka Jiang Jiemei) (aka Sister Jensen)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!