Monday, January 24, 2022

很大下雪

So, I tried to hold some snow here, it wasn't a good idea. No actually Minnesota is great! It's cold but we're usually inside so it's not bad. I'm in an area called Duluth, it's super pretty but also known for being colder :) my trainer's name is Sister Martinez and she's awesome! She is very good at being productive and sticking to the schedule which is exactly what I need! Also, fun fact we have the same birthday! We're whitewashing in this area which means we're both brand new to the area and have no idea what we're doing... but it's fun! Also, our car was broken when we came so we currently are lacking a car.


We actually have 4 baptisms this week that were already on date so that's awesome! Things have been fun. One thing that's sad is that they actually don't have Mandarin missionaries here, but there are weekly zoom calls with the reassigned Mandarin missionaries so that's nice. Also, everything is online, so it's been a bit of an adjustment, but hopefully we'll see the fruits of our labors soon! On the plus side we met with a member my first full day and she said I didn't look like a deer in headlights so that's a good sign! :) I really don't know what else happened, we mostly just contact lots of people and message them and they usually don't respond but we've had a few lessons so far with more to come! 


Spiritual thought for the week:

As missionaries and as people we are asked to be obedient. You always hear that we should be obedient because we love God, rather than just for the sake of obedience. But recently I have been thinking about people who keep the rules but push them and walk on the edge of breaking them. What does that show God about our love for Him? What does that show Him about our trust in His rules and His plan? John 8:29 says, "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." When we obey God because we love Him and because we trust Him, He will be with us, and we will be with Him. His way is the only way to true happiness. 


Anyway, I love you and miss you all! Please email me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!