Monday, January 31, 2022

Hola


So, I learned some fun things this week! I learned that if you go on an adventure in -6 degree weather with a mask on, then your breath condensates on your eyelashes and your eyelashes freeze! Pretty fun :) This has been a good week! Lots of lessons, some were definitely more effective than others, there were a few lessons where we could barely get a word in :) it's all an adventure though! We had a baptism for the Alexander family on Saturday! They are so awesome and such a great addition to the ward. Both parents and two of the kids got to be baptized, and I got to witness (which I found out from the program :) ). It was really great!

Our car is still in the shop and will be for probably another week and a half or so, so we're usually just stuck in the apartment, but it's been good! Lots of Facebook finding and messaging, and I've discovered a really good card to utilize is "I'm brand new and need practice teaching...can I practice on you?" We haven't had any lessons with this approach yet but have had people agree to let us teach them so hopefully it gets beyond practicing :) We have this cute lady named Dorothy who they tried to drop a long time ago, but she didn't want to stop meeting with them, so she calls us for approximately one minute every week. Pretty fun :) But yeah things are good! Busy! I'm so sorry for not responding to emails but I promise I love you and read all of the ones you send. Keep me posted! Today we were able to meet with some other missionaries and play games with them and that was nice. Anyway, have a fantastic week!


Spiritual thought for the week: Sorry I'm short on time but I'll make this quick, everyone read the BYU devotional "In the Strength of The Lord" by Bednar! I think I've talked about this before but READ IT AGAIN. We always need it. I read it and then after it was made known to me that BYU devotionals aren't allowed...so whoops...but it's so good! The Atonement of Christ is not just there for redemption, it is also there to strengthen us! It is not only there for sinners, but also for saints. Christ not only makes us clean, He gives us the ability to deal with hard things. I know this is true. Sorry, that was all over the place I'm trying to go fast! Love you all!!!


-江姐妹 (aka Jiang Jiemei) (aka Sister Jensen)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!