It's 2022!!! That's so wild. Anyway, this was a good week! Things have been a tad chaotic because of covid and such, and a lot of the districts around us were quarantined so that's kind of nerve racking but it's good! Everyone in the MTC got tested but so far so good for my district.
Some fun adventures were that
we got two temporary Elders in our district because their flights were pushed
back for some reason or another. Elder Lott is an English missionary who is
super fun, he will be serving in Kenya. Elder Sligting is also super fun, and
such a trooper because he's been in the MTC for like 11 weeks now. He is a
Mandarin missionary too, so he's been able to come to class with us.
On Wednesday we got to be hosts for the new missionaries again! It was good but the number of new missionaries coming in this week was a lot lower than last time, so a lot of people didn't get a chance to host :/ It was still fun though! Every time new missionaries come in Elder Otto is like "Wow all of these missionaries have such light in their eyes...they must be new." It's so funny.
New Years was good, except we didn't actually do anything, which was kind of a bummer. I guess that can be expected though. I saw maybe two fireworks from my window :) This week has also been so COLD. It was like 5 degrees a few days ago. and then Minnesota was just casually negative 19 and I'm going to straight up pass away. What a way to go out though, am I right? Actually, I'd much rather go out popping grapes in my mouth :) Shout out to my cute comp who had a BIRTHDAY yesterday! Happy birthday Sister Conder you're the best!
Spiritual thought for this week: Peter was a fisherman. He was a regular person, but through Jesus Christ he became more. And just like Peter, we may all falter in our faith at times and begin sinking. But Christ will always catch us. Even when we mess up, if we continue to move forward in faith, we can learn how to be effective servants and bold teachers just like Peter was! As our faith grows, our fear diminishes. I would invite you all to study Peter and think about how he relates to you! He often has a bad rep because of his weaknesses, but that makes him human. We have all been guilty of turning away from Christ, but that doesn't mean we can’t repent and continue moving forward in faith!
Other fun stuff from this week:
- I sharpened a THICK candy cane because I was challenged
- We had the big boss of the MTC come in during one of the devotionals...we gave him cake
- We had a debate on if "Love, share, or invite" is the most important. It was wild.
- Big hymnbooks=bacon bits
- Anyway, I love you all! Please email me back :)
- Also, we still gotta get pics with Sligting and Lott so I can send those later.

No comments:
Post a Comment