Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas Isn't Over, What Are You Talking About?

Merry Christmas everyone! This week has been wild, so I'll try to briefly summarize but it's been fantastic! Monday we had a concert by the one and only GENTRI! It was so good. They did a medley from Les Mis and it made my heart happy. And the pianist (Steven Nelson) is CRAZY good. It was wild. On Tuesday we got to go to the Mt. Timpanogos temple, and it was super pretty and good to be there!

On Friday we watched a Christmas nativity done by the family of one of the leaders, it was super funny and cute. The kid playing Samuel the Lamanite clearly did not have the dodgeball power, because he definitely got pegged in the face and several other places by the rock/snowball or whatever they were throwing. It was actually hilarious. We also had a musical program that I led the music for at the beginning. After the nativity we watched the movie Testaments. It was good, but I think poor President Porter regretted his decision because movie flirting scenes+many Elders=CHAOS.


After the movie we got to have hot chocolate and sing around the tree of life. It was a super fun Christmas eve! On Christmas day we had the pleasure of being spoken to by none other than Elder Cook! We all got to shake his hand too and it was super cool! On Christmas we also had an MTC talent show which was good! Our branch sang Peace in Christ in English and Chinese. It was a big hassle to put together but turned out good! We also did a whole bunch of other stuff. It was a really good Christmas!

Other things that happened: I spoke in church yesterday which was good! I almost got hit by a car today, it was quite the adventure. Covid has been a bit of an issue in the MTC and they've been getting stricter and adding more restrictions. I can't say I like it cause some of the restrictions are kind of sad but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the MTC open! This week has been super busy and a little stressful, but it's been so good. I can't wait to see what else is in store! 


Spiritual thought for the week: Elder Cook gave such a good devotional! He talked about the importance of loving your companion, mission leaders, people you serve, and especially the Lord. We have been focusing a lot on God's love lately and how we can show love to Him. We show love to Him by having faith, trust, and obedience in Him. Consistent obedience will always qualify us for miracles. Do not ever underestimate the power and majesty of God and His ability to perform miracles or change someone's heart, but always have the trust that even if He doesn't perform a miracle in your way, that it will all ultimately be for your good. I know that God loves each of you perfectly and yet individually! If you ask Him about His feelings toward you, He will answer. Anyway, I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!