Hello Everyone! This has been a busy week, but it's been a blast! Tuesday I had my first teaching lesson in Chinese. Not gonna lie, it was pretty rough, and we didn't know many words...but it was an adventure! A very humbling adventure, but an adventure nonetheless! Wednesday we had the opportunity to host the new missionaries coming to the MTC! It was super fun, and I would love to do it again. I got very good at carrying luggage up four flights of stairs :)
Thursday we decided to have a district "English fast" where we didn't speak any English. The rule was if you speak English everyone would say "laji" which means trash and is our code word :) I definitely started out fine and forgot throughout the day. Better luck next week :) We have learned how to teach the first lesson this week so that's fun! It's still spotty but we're getting there! The Elders have given all the sisters weird titles like "stalker, hunter, observative" and mine is serial killer. I swear, you play the hand slapping game with someone one time and they suddenly think you like to kill people in your spare time! It's funny though :)
On Sunday I was asked to speak in Church next week, and I was also asked to lead the music for the big group devotional on Christmas Eve. I don't know how to feel about that, especially since they have cameras and screens general conference style. It'll be good though! Being an STL is super fun, we get to go around and check in with all of the sisters in our branch every night. It's fun! Tonight we're going to have a concert by GENTRI and I'm so pumped! I'm so excited for Christmas it'll be a party!
Spiritual thought: Yesterday and recently I have been studying a lot about daily repentance. Daily repentance holds so much power and is a sure way to stay strong against the adversary! I would invite you all to read the talk "we can do better and be better" by President Nelson and think about what you can all do to strive to be a little better every day. I know that the Lord has been really cracking down on some of these things for me and that there's a long way to go, but He will help us get through it and eventually become more like the Savior! Anyway, I love you all and hope you have the best week and best Christmas! Please email me :)
Love,
-江姐妹 (aka Jiang Jiemei) (aka Sister Jensen)



No comments:
Post a Comment