Monday, February 21, 2022

Snow on Snow on Snow

你好! This week was good, lots of ups and downs! I officially had my one-month-in-the-field-iversary on Saturday which is awesome! And I have less than 15 months left which is so wild. Anyway, we were able to find a new guy named John! He's so awesome, and we haven't found anyone in a long time, so it was really great! He was a gray dot, (someone who missionaries had contacted before, but he hadn't been taught) and we were texting everyone in the world happy Valentine’s Day, and he responded saying that he would call us the next day (Which he actually didn't but we got ahold of him later)! So that was exciting! He's so awesome! They restarted the second meeting of church in person which was awesome.

Everything on a mission is so crazy and changes so fast! For those of you keeping tabs on the car situation...still don't have one. The transfer ends literally like next week haha but it's been good! The other sisters took us out one of the days which was nice! I'm trying to think what else happened...I discovered that I know like absolutely nothing about the Old Testament, have been running through all the kid versions of the stories on gospel library :) We had to drop some people this week because we couldn't stay in contact with them, so that was sad. We were also page reps for the Minnesota 2 Facebook page, but they are actually merging all of the pages, so we won't be page reps anymore. It was fun while it lasted though! I know other things happened this week, but I honestly don't remember anything, so this is what you get! 


Spiritual thought for the week: Lately I have been reading a lot in the Book of Ether. Ether is so sad, because the Jaredite civilization is constantly at war and experiencing destruction, always because they forget the Lord their God. I always think about how this could be avoided, and honestly the answer to getting out of the pride cycle is simply gratitude! Gratitude, daily repentance, and just taking a little time every day to remember Heavenly Father and what He has done for you. Take time to be still and remember Him. If you do that, with intent, every single day, you will never be in a position to ever forget the Lord. We have control over where we are going and what we are doing. But yeah, I hope you all have a great week! I'd love to hear from you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!