Hello everyone! This was a
good week! Last Monday we got with our district, and we were able to make
cookies for zone conference the next day! Zone conference was awesome, the
first training was totally about marriage which I thought was hilarious, but all
the trainings were super hype. And we ate panda and I had THREE fortunes in my
fortune cookie! Probably to make up for all the times in my life I haven't
gotten a fortune haha.
We also had exchanges on Thursday which was good! I was with Sister Pearl, one of our STLs. It was good, and I learned a lot from her! This area is kind of rough when it comes to finding, but we might have found two people while cold calling! Unfortunately, one lives in California, but we will still teach her to gauge her interest before sending her info to the missionaries there. We taught the Restoration to another one, but I think she thought we were missionaries from her church so hopefully she is still interested! We have some other people we're teaching but getting in contact with them has been a little rough.
We still don't have a car yet :/ but it's been an adventure! It was supposed to be done last week but it should hopefully be done today or tomorrow! We had a guy who called us and started talking about Japanese culture and the Passover and asked us to see a movie with him? Apparently, the last sisters here had found him and sent him to the elders, and here he is finding us again :) it was super funny. Anyway, this week has gone by super fast but it's been great!
Spiritual thought for the week: At zone conference something that really stood out to me was noticing where your thoughts come from. God tells you to be more. And He tells you that you can do it. Satan tells you that you will never get there. Source is everything, recognize who you are talking to! You can choose if becoming "more" is a positive or negative thing. We can always be a little more than where we are at now. But don't let Satan get a hold of that knowledge and motivation and turn it into feeling overwhelmed and not enough. If you can't complete the whole task, at least do a little. Giving one percent is better than zero, and success is built on little wins! Trust that when the Lord asks you to be "more," He knows you can do it. Anyway, I love you all, happy Valentine’s Day! I'd love to hear from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment