It's
a low point when you somehow manage to get sunburned in Minnesota in April. My
companion thought it was hilarious, haha! This week has been really good!
We were able to surpass our finding goal for this week which has never happened
to me before, so that was awesome! They were all found through cold
calling.
One thing that missionaries often do is post free copies of the Book of Mormon or Bible on our facebook groups. We had already done that with our groups, and wanted to come up with something more original to post, so my companion came up with the idea to ask for everyone's favorite hymns and then we could send a video of us singing or playing it! It was a cute idea, but it had a few unforseen holes, one of them being that other religions have very different hymns than ours, it was honestly hilarious, but I felt really bad that we had to message all of the people and try and find similar ones that were approved for missionaries. We were still able to get some songs sent out though!
This week was
honestly kind of a blur :) And this coming week is transfers which is wild! It
seriously just sneaks up on you! My companion and I are hoping to stay together
and maybe get a third person, since there's a chance I will get put in a trio
anyway. But you never know with President! It's exciting though!
Spiritual thought for
the week: I was privileged to meet with President for an interview yesterday.
One thing he emphasized that I loved was the fact that any hard thing we go
through that is out of our control will not hinder our eternal progress. God will
always compensate and prepare a way, both after this life and in it. We are not
going to miss out on eternal blessings due to something that is out of our
control. If we are following God's will, our life experience is what He wants
it to be for us. Trust that the Lord will prepare a way for you. In 1 Nephi
3:7, notice he never says, "I will go and do the things the Lord hath
commanded but..." NO. The Lord will ALWAYS compensate. He will ALWAYS
prepare a way for you. He won't leave you stranded. Sometimes it just takes a
little extra faith.
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week :)
.jpeg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment