How's everything going for everyone? As shown
in the email title, there have been a lot of bears around! I haven't seen any,
but I want to! One was right outside of my apartment one night, there were
warning signs on all the doors the next day haha. I wanna see one though!
Also don't put Cajun seasoning in your oatmeal. Mistakes have been made, and it really shouldn't have the same type of container as the nutmeg :)
This week has been good! Kind of a blur haha but it's been fun! My companion was able to play the violin at the funeral yesterday for the family that was killed, and that was really good! It was kind of a hassle getting permission and everything, but it turned out nicely.
Yesterday we were able to have dinner at a member's house, and they had Sister Martinez bring her violin and they had us perform a little! He is an accompanist and whipped out a song for me to sing, it was a lot of fun. We also had a dinner appointment with a member who had a ton of different fancy drink flavors that you would mix with water. Like tons. They had a full MENU of drink mixes, most of which I couldn't even pronounce haha. I went adventurous and tried Italian Eggnog, Watermelon Habanero, and Ghost Pepper. I mixed the last two. It was exciting.
We have a member who makes us homemade bread every week, and last week he made us English muffins. I think I was straight translated.
We have had so many miracles in disguise this week, it's been so great!
Spiritual thought for the week: All efforts to do anything begin with the desire. I have had times in my life where I have a hard time summoning the motivation to do much. But ultimately, if we wait for the desire to come before doing a specific action, we will never fully accomplish it to the extent that we could. But the good thing is: we can change our desires! Having our desires changed is part of the conversion process. Everyone faces it. But Jesus Christ provides hope that we can have "no more desire to do evil, but to do good continually." And for those times where it seems like there is just no motivation whatsoever, pray for it! The Lord wants to help you. He can give you the desire you need, although often we need to begin an action for the desire to come. Show the Lord that you are willing to commit to the inspiration you receive. He will give you the desire to continue going. Even if it takes a while, even through all the struggles, He is there for you. Do not lose faith in Him.
Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic week! Let me know how you are doing!

No comments:
Post a Comment