Monday, May 9, 2022

Mexican Bingo!

 

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Whether or not you are a mother, Mother’s Day is a great time to remember the amazing influence we have on others! I know all of you have impacted my life so much in some way or another and I am so blessed to know all of you! I hope you had a great Mother’s Day and a great week! I know mine was good, although a little weird haha. 

Wednesday, we found out that one of our friends may or may not actually be a member...so we'll see how that goes! We haven't found his records yet, but we'll keep looking!

Thursday was fun! We were going to be meeting one of our friends for lunch at this place but when we went everyone was talking about pancake day and there was a sign and everything and we were like "what is pancake day??" But then our friend showed up and we got pancakes! It was a fundraiser thing, and it was just funny cause we had no idea what was going on. Thursday night was a relief society party for Cinco de Mayo that we helped out with, so that was super fun! We played Mexican Bingo! My poor companion has a Spanish last name (Martinez) and so everyone asks if she knows Spanish and starts speaking Spanish to her, but she most definitely isn't Mexican so it's just super funny. 

Saturday, we drove out to Silver Bay for a service project which was fun, we cleaned an oven. It is about an hour away, so we did a bunch of stopbys on the way back in Two Harbors! We also had a phone call lesson with our friend Noah who is like super golden and wants to keep learning! Except he may or may not be in high school, so we'll have to check with him on that haha. It was fun though! 

This week has been sunny, and it's been SO nice! It has still been kind of cold, but I mean I've gotten sunburned a few times haha. Don't worry Mom I bought Aloe Vera gel! 

Spiritual thought for the week: This week I studied a bit about the man who Jesus healed who was born blind. After this occurrence, the pharisees tried to interview him and trick him with their words and make him doubt himself. They accused the Savior of being a devil. The man replied, "Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see." The man was willing to ignore the adversary and look at the results and fruits of what the Savior actually did. He was excommunicated for this testimony. Later, the chapter (John 9) states, "Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him." Do not let questions or doubts unravel your sure knowledge, even if it may be small. Trust the Savior and the fruits of living His gospel. After all, it is by living His gospel that conversion occurs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!