Hello everyone! I hope you
all had a great week! I know I did! So much so that I remember absolutely
nothing of what happened.
But hey big news! I got an email from Taiwan! Don't know when I'm going yet but I know it'll be soonish! Also, our Chinese friend Amy said that she was interested in learning about the gospel so we will hopefully be able to start teaching her soon! I've actually only talked to her like once or twice, I just text her for the most part. But I think I'll be here in Eau Clair for a while for her! It's exciting!
We had lots of lessons this week, they were all good! I also met my first Bible basher (at least in person) at a library. It was exciting. My comp did a really good job of just bearing testimony and recognizing that going along with the bashing would just make things worse. It was a good experience for me, I think.
We also were able to find two new people this week, Harmony, and Gerald! They have both been taught a little before. Harmony's lesson was good, she had lots of hard questions and I promised to study up on a lot of things haha. They weren't bashy ones though, just curious. But she was interested in the Book of Mormon so hopefully she reads it and wants to keep learning!
Another funny thing is while we were in our lesson with Harmony a random lady came up to us and was like "Hey my friend is Mormon; can I get a picture with you?" So that was fun!
Yesterday we had dinner at the Bishop's house and his son brought out an electric guitar and started playing rock music and the Bishop pulled out his guns to show us, it was super funny. Our bishop is awesome haha.
Today we were able to visit a Hmong Grandma and she let us wear Hmong traditional clothes and take pictures in them! It was super fun and made her day. They have lots of layers so took a while to put on haha but it was fun!
Spiritual thought for the week: Recently I've been thinking a lot about the state of the world. This week we have experienced protesting, all kinds of dirt on social media, and lots of people who just want to marry the missionaries. I was thinking about this and honestly fearing a little bit about raising a family in a world like this. It hurts me to think that my children will be exposed to these kinds of things. But I had a really good personal study about it, and it reminded me that those here on the earth at this time are here because they can handle it and they are needed here. Yes, the potential to go astray is ever present, but so is the potential for immense growth. Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of His children. For those who keep a strong and unshakeable testimony, the future will be secure and hopeful. And when the hard times come, as they will, we can "count it all joy" knowing that they will be for our best good.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
.jpeg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment