We did “bop it” where we all had to do the action and pass it
down, one where we had to race to find things in PMG and Standards, one
where we did archery, one where we had to cross the gym on wooden planks and
had to constantly be touching them, charades, transporting buckets of water
that had holes in them, 3 legged kickball with our companions, and so on. It
was super awesome and very well thought out! It reminded me of Father's Day
Flee!
Afterward we shot off our rockets (these are extremely fancy rockets that break open and have parachutes and everything) and that was super fun. We learned a lot too about the different ways to "act well our part" and that was super fun! And I got to talk to my last companion a little too, so that was really nice. It was a busy and kind of chaotic but fun day!
Thursday we were able to meet with our friend Amanda and set her on date for July 30th whoooo! We're super excited for her. Friday, we did weekly planning which is always great. Saturday we were able to go to the Farmer’s Market which was super fun! We had a fun conversation with a member during dinner, he's a character but he's super fun.
Sunday was so good! We were able to get 5/4 sacrament attendances which is more than I've ever gotten so whooooo! Also, I invited Amy, our Chinese friend, and she came!! And we have another friend (we haven't decided if she's ours or the Elder's yet) who came and wants to be baptized! Miracles!!! I also spoke in church and that was fun! I shared my testimony in Chinese at the end but gave absolutely no preface to it and didn't mention anything about my original assignment in my talk so I think people may have been a little confused. But luckily the guy conducting (who served in Taipei) mentioned it afterward.
After church we got to go to some Hmong Grandma's houses, and they gave us Hmong names! But the only catch is that you have to eat a spicy pepper. My comp and I both had to eat a Thai Chili Pepper, it was quite exciting. I almost ate the whole thing! My insides regretted it later though haha. But my Hmong name is Paj Ntsais (pronounced Ban Jai) and it means triangular flower. Pretty fun!
We live right next to a Masonic temple, so we are going to be taking a tour of it today which I'm excited for! Should be good!
Spiritual thought for the week: One big emphasis at zone conference was the Fall. The reason things get so hard, and we have so many weaknesses, is because we live in a fallen world! Is there any wonder it's hard? It is like gravity, because we live in a fallen world we try to jump, but it always seems to suck us back down. That was why we had the emphasis on rockets because we are trying to escape the pull of this fallen world little by little. It requires momentum. Momentum comes from singular steps, and small things that help us, like fins or the nose cone on a rocket. Everything the Lord gives us; every commandment and the church offers is designed to build our faith and momentum so we can keep trying to overcome the fall. But we can't do it without the Savior.

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment