Monday, September 19, 2022

Earthquake 🕺

Hello everyone! Hope you had a fantastic week! To start out, yes, we had a few earthquakes this weekend and lots of aftershocks. They were really big in Taidong and Hualian but weren't too bad here, the most that happened was that some of our drawers opened haha. Kind of fun though! In the moment I forgot all my earthquake precautions growing up and was just kind of like "wheeee!" But yeah, not too big here, but it did happen so you can't get mad at my clickbait email title! 

Anyhow, on Monday we had a zoom lesson with some members which was good! Tuesday, we had district council which is always great. Not too much happened the rest of the day that is worth mentioning :) 

Wednesday, we had interviews with President which went well! I always enjoy those. I also passed the Book A Chinese test, but the only reason I passed is cause Elder Mauss gave me a bunch of the answers haha. Otherwise, I would not have. I wanted to set a date to take it in a few weeks to have something to work towards, and my comp was like "how about tomorrow?" and I was like "WHAT” But we got man guo bing so I mean I'm not mad! Later we had a cooking themed English Group which was fun! 

Thursday, we did some service for a lady who is moving, and then we had a member dinner that night which was super fun! I honestly love our members. They are so solid. Even though I can't understand most of what they say haha. 

Friday, we had a zone blitz, which is where our whole zone came and did finding in our area! We also did a little exchange for it and I was with Sister Li. It was actually really fun, and she is super good at street contacting, so we found a new person! 

Saturday was crazy, that morning we played basketball at our chapel, and then had to hurry and come home to change and then bike the opposite direction for a lunch appt, and then go straight all the way back to the chapel for a baptism the elders had (right on time although sweaty and gross), and then we biked all the way to Dan Jiang college for a frisbee activity. Which we forgot the frisbee for, so we were super late. But it's okay cause everyone else was too! It was super fun :) then we went home and had an 8:30 pm personal study. Altogether biked more than 30 km up and down many hills. It was a good time! 

Sunday was good! We spent way too long filming a video :) 

Today was super fun! Jin Jiemei, my last comp, visited for the weekend and we went hiking with her today! She also put together the frisbee activity on Saturday, what a champ :) It was a good time! 

This week was super long and slow at the same time, but it was a pretty good one! Next week our P-day will be changed, just to make you aware :) 

Spiritual thought: In D&C 121 and 122, Joseph Smith is in Liberty Jail. In these sections we see a very vulnerable side of him, a side that suffers and cries out "Oh God, where art thou?" A side we probably will all experience as part of our mortal journey, though maybe not to that extent. At that moment of suffering, God speaks peace to his soul. However, the verse that most recently caught my eye is 122:6 and the things that God says following it. Our Father knows our pains. He knows the full extent of them. He never downplays them and doesn't say "these things...shall be for thy good" in ignorance. He knows because He felt them, and hath "descended below them all." I would like to invite you all to read and ponder about these verses and see what it teaches you about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how incredibly individual it is. "Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!" 

I wish you all the best and hope you have a great week!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!