大家好!Welcome to another week by none other than,
your very own, Sister Janelle Marjorie 江柔安
Jensen! The first. I hope you all had the most lovely week, I know I did!
Last Monday, after hiking Monkey Mountain, we taught Chen Jiemei and her kids. They are all so cute! Tuesday, we ended up having to run a bunch of errands (因為我的 bike chain kept coming off so I had to get it fixed, etc). That was pretty much it haha.
Wednesday, we had two lessons, one was with Shi Jiemei, a cute little old lady who has gone through a lot recently. It wasn't really a lesson exactly, but now she knows that we do lessons so that's a plus. We also had a lesson with our friend Chen Jiemei (different one, there are about 5 billion people with the last name Chen here. It's so confusing) which was pretty rough, we taught the plan of Salvation but at the end she took our little cutouts and moved them into a circle, so it was like reincarnation. 🤦
So clearly, we have some things to go over! There were also a few theories she brought up where we were like...mmm so not quite...but I don't know how to address those in English let alone Chinese haha. It's all good though :) Our English group was good!
Thursday, we helped a lady in our ward move which was fun, and then we had a member zoom lesson later that night!
Friday, we had zone conference! I love zone conference :) It was so good! A lot of it was about how to experience a change of heart and behavior through studying the Savior's doctrine, and there was also a lot of emphasis on the Sacrament and how to help our friends come to church! It was super helpful.
Saturday my friend Chris from Eau Claire got baptized and I got to watch over zoom!!!!! YAY CHRIS WHAT A CHAMP! And I got to see Sister Carter for a sec which was fun! My comp wasn't feeling well that day and had really bad fatigue, so she ended up sleeping for a good portion of the day. Due to this and me just wasting time when I shouldn't have, the day was not very productive. I felt the weight of it when I went to bed that night, that I could have done so much better and knew it.
But the amazing thing is that through Jesus Christ and His Atonement, we can repent and keep trying to be better. There are going to be times that we wish we could redo, and although we often won't forget our mistakes completely, the Lord promises that He will as we humbly turn to Him and make an effort to be better. Through daily repentance and worthily partaking of the sacrament, we can have the Holy Ghost with us and retain that remission of sins. Our burdens can be lifted. Though on a small scale, I'm glad I experienced this on Saturday to help me trust the Savior's Atonement and motivate me to use this time wisely!
Sunday was good! There was a ward FHE activity that was like a big Mid-Autumn Festival karaoke party which was an adventure, and then we biked home in the rain again :) Unfortunately it always seems to be on Sundays when I can't wear my rain pants! But we're making memories! 💪
Spiritual thought for the week: President Boyd K. Packer said, "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the [doctrine] of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." Something emphasized at zone conference was that in order to experience the Savior's power in our life, we need to understand it. We cannot be saved in ignorance. Something that my President invited us all to do, and that I would like to reiterate to all of you, is to:
-Write down your personal challenges
-Study related scriptures
-Pray
-Ponder what God would have you do
-Do as the scriptures suggest
-Write down your experience.
I can promise that if each of you take time to follow these steps and turn to the true doctrine the Lord has given us, you will experience the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in your life. You will be carried and have strength sufficient to face your challenges, and over time experience the change of heart that you so desire. Though your problems may not go away, you will feel to "sing the song of Redeeming love."
I'm so grateful for the support of all of you, particularly those that actually read this! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is directed by Jesus Christ. It is plan God has for His children to experience the most success and fulfillment possible. If you aren't sure, get on your knees and ask Him. Then act in faith until an answer comes. Because it will.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment