Monday, March 20, 2023

It's Hualian's Time

So I had a full email written out and then it erased.... I really don't want to write another one.... so I'll just do a really brief version haha.

Last Monday we filmed a video for our mission Facebook page! Tuesday we ate really expensive Kao Rou with our district and then we also ate dinner with some members! Wednesday we had lunch at the bishop's house and ECG that night! Thursday we had transfers, and our awesome member was willing to drive us to Taipei! It was fun to see everyone, and then Wang Jiemei and I headed out to Hualian!

That night we had a lesson which was good! Friday we had a good lesson and found really old PAPER area book records for gray dots! So, we did paper record gray dot calling and it was really fun! Saturday we did lots of planning and stuff and had some miracles and did some tracting! Sunday was busy, we had 7 hours straight of meetings and then ate lunch at 5 pm then we had an FHE activity! 

I have loved Hualian so far; it is a busy area and has more friends than I have ever had on my mission! Weekly planning took 2 days haha. We have also had so many miracles and have had random people come up to us and recognize that we are missionaries, and we have been able to get their contact info! My companion is awesome, and I'm really happy to spend my last transfer here! 

Things I ate: Jellyfish, chicken feet, pig kidneys.

Hope you all had a great week, email me back please ;)

Spiritual thought for the week: THE BOOK OF MORMON IS JUST GREAT. In Preach My Gospel it says that your ability to teach with power from the scriptures comes from the time you personally spend studying them. If we want our friends to understand the power and direction that comes from the word of God, we must have experienced it in our own lives! I love that in Lehi's vision the Iron Rod (the word of God) leads to the tree of life. The Book of Mormon provides the map that we can hold fast to, in times of darkness and light, and trust that we will reach our destination. And our responsibility as missionaries and as people is to help others find the Iron Rod in the first place! The Book of Mormon, along with the Spirit, are the most powerful resources in conversion. This is because it allows us to know "to what source [we] may look for a remission of [our] sins" (2 Nephi 25:26). Are you sharing the gospel and using the Book of Mormon in a way that allows your friends to find the iron rod that will lead them to the tree of life? The word of God is quick and powerful. It will bring about a mighty change of heart to those you teach, AS YOU USE IT.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!