Monday, March 13, 2023

Where Did the Transfer Go?

Hello everyone! What a crazy week! I don't have crazy amounts of time so let's get into it! 

Last Monday we went to 六福村! It is an amusement park in Zhubei, and it was so fun! The rides were more spinny/swingy/up and down rather than track ones, but it was still a blast! Also, we were like celebrities there because there were tons of students from school field trips and the whole time they were trying to talk to us, give us high fives, etc it was the funniest thing! Also, they had a zoo and it had lots of different animals that aren't in America so that's cool! Monday night we had a lesson with our friend Pei Qi and made her a new person! She doesn't live here though so we will need to pass her off :( but she's still awesome! 

Also, for those of you who were paying attention to my last email and noticed the part I wrote about the maybe stalker, we called president about that on Monday and asked kind of what we should do, and he said, "you don't need to worry about it for too much longer because I will be putting Elders in Zhudong!" And we were like "wait what" so yeah! I will give you more updates on transfers in a second, so stay tuned!! 

Tuesday not too much happened! One of our friends didn't show up to his lesson (again) even though he confirmed like three times...so we dropped him! That day we also had district council and a lesson with a member that was really good! 

Wednesday not too much happened either! It was kind of crazy cause I was trying to figure out college housing and such (thanks mom for your patience) (also don't worry I got permission) and then we bought a few supplies for a ward activity and then had English Group! 

Something kind of cool that my mission does is that the mission president's wife goes on exchanges with the sisters who will be going home, so she joined us for the day on Thursday (for my companion who is going home, I've still got time) and that was really fun! We had lots of lessons, ate hot pot, and talked with lots of old people! Super grateful to her, I learned a lot!

Friday was busy! That morning we did service for a lady in our ward, she is so sweet! Afterward we filmed a singing video with another ward member! After that we did weekly planning, which was good, and then we had a ward activity where we watched the Prophet of The Restoration movie and shared a spiritual thought after. It was good! We had lots of less active members come! 

Saturday we went to do a service for a potential who lived really far away with some members, and it turns out we didn't do any service, but we ended up teaching a lesson! The area was super pretty and I'm glad we were able to visit it again. Afterward we were able to have dinner with a member family which was fun! Then we got transfer boards!

Transfer news.... I found out I will be transferring to Hualian with my new companion, Wang Jiemei! Hualian is one of the most coveted areas in the mission because it's super pretty. One of the weirdest things though is that my current companion is from there, and she will be going home! So, she's going home, and I'll be serving in her ward -- kinda crazy! This means that I'll be going back to being an STL which I'm happy about! I think it'll be a good transfer :) 

Sunday was good! We didn't do too much, but we had a member visit! Today we filmed a video for our mission Facebook page with the office elders which was super fun! Afterward we went to a mall with the other sisters, and because we were filming the video our p-day was extended :) 

Spiritual thought for the week: Aren't you glad to know about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ? It is because it was restored that we know what we do. It was because of the Restoration that we know that we are not lost, that God speaks to His children today, that He cares. It was because of the Restoration that we know the truths about the Atonement of Jesus Christ that are taught in the Book of Mormon. It is because of the Restoration that we not only know about the ordinances that are essential to salvation but have the means to accomplish them. It is because Jesus Christ restored His gospel to the earth, back in its original form, that the Plan of Salvation can be successful. I want to invite you all to read D&C 20 and ponder what it means to you to know that Jesus Christ has restored His gospel, and it is a living, growing opportunity for us to become like Him!
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!