Monday, March 6, 2023

Roller Coaster Hungry 🎢

Today we are going to an amusement park for zone pday! So pumped, I'm so roller coaster hungry it's not even okay! Don't worry Mom, I'm wearing sunscreen this time :) Last Monday was crazy busy, after coming back from the mountains we went to Neiwan Night Market for a bit, got stuck in super heavy traffic, and were like an hour late for our dinner appointment but it was good! 

Tuesday was also super fun and busy! We woke up early and went with a Xinzhu member whose dad is a potential! He lives in our area, but it is deep DEEP in the mountains. Super pretty though! He was working so we didn't really get a chance to talk with him much but our member (who is planning on serving a mission) was able to show him a little what missionaries do which is good. Afterward we went to Xinzhu for district council, and then went finding for the rest of the day with us and the zhubei district! We did English challenge balloon animal finding and then street contacted. It went really well! Honestly balloon animal finding is genius. You go to a park with tons of kids, say "If you do this English challenge you get a free balloon animal," and they just go nuts. And their parents get flyers.  

Not too much happened on Wednesday, just English group! Thursday we had exchanges! I was with Huang Jiemei in Zhudong for the day, it was a lot of fun! We met with our friend 老張 and he was willing to read the Book of Mormon, which is huge progress! Keep him in your prayers! We also had like ten old people in a row come up and ask me if I'm not cold (I wasn't wearing my coat) and we were able to have some good contacts, so it turns out a good finding method is just going coatless! That night we had a lesson with our friend Luo Dixiong, it was kind of interesting and we didn't really get any words in, but our joint teachers did great! 

Friday Huang Jiemei and I went running and got breakfast, which was fun, did our studies, went to a coffee shop for our evaluation, and then switched back! It was a fun exchange, and I learned a lot. Afterward we had weekly planning and then a board game activity. Our friend Xue Ying has made real progress and wanted to join on her own so thank you all for your prayers! Keep them coming! 

Saturday we dedicated pretty much the whole day to finding! We went to Neiwan and were able to contact there for a while which was good, and oh also we went to a farmers’ market that morning too for finding which was fun. Then later we went to another night market and had dinner with a member! 

Sunday was good and busy, we had church and ward council, a mission devotional, and xietiaohui!  

Also on an unrelated note, we may or may not have a stalker so... I will keep you updated on that! 

Spiritual thought for the week: This week I have been extra aware of the Savior's gentle care and mercy in my studies. 3 Nephi 20:29 says "And I will remember the covenant which I have made with my people..." and then later while quoting Isaiah it says "For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer...For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee." The Lord remembers His covenant people. Even when we struggle, He carries us. Our promises with Him open the door to His strength and kindness. How have your covenants with God carried you and allowed His power into your life? 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Missionary Video!!! (Mom Post)

Here is the missionary video that Rick made for Janelle!